Leading Single Layer PCB Manufacturer in China
High-quality, quick-turn heavy copper PCB fabrication services.
Why Choose PadPCB
When you send us the gerber file, our professional engineer will evalulate your design per layer and offer detailed quotation in short time.
The max capacity of our factory is about 50,000 square meter. It means that we can ensure the short turnout time for your project.
For each order, our sales will follow up all the manufacturing process and communicate with customer.
FAQs about Multilayer PCB
1. What is a single-layer PCB?
As evident by the name, single-layer PCBs are circuit boards with only one layer of conducting material, mainly copper. The layer is present only on one side, and the other side has electronic components. You can call a single-layer PCB a single-sided PCB also.
These PCBs were the first circuit boards in the printed circuit boards technology. Nowadays, multilayer PCBs are more prominent, but these PCBs still find their use in the electronic industry, where you need low-cost PCBs.
2. What's the construction of single layer PCB?
The construction of single-sided PCBs includes a base material or a substrate. The base material is often made of insulating fiberglass, giving your PCBs a compact look and desired strength. The nature and type of the base material depend on the types of PCBs. Above the substrate is a layer of conducting material, i.e., copper, which acts as a conducting path for the different components of the board.
Single layer PCBs can have a varying thickness of the copper layer depending on the needs and demands of the application. The thickness of the copper layer is defined as ounces per square foot.
On the top of the conducting layer is a solder mask that protects the copper foil, and it helps avoid conduction if the copper coil comes in direct contact with any other conducting material. On top of that solder mask layer is a silkscreen layer where you can add characters and symbols related to the board, and it helps you to understand the PCB in a better way.
2. What's the types of single layer PCBs?
Based on the type of insulating material and the thickness of conducting material, single layer PCBs are of the following types:
Single layer rigid PCBs- Single layer PCBs comprising rigid insulating material like fiberglass is rigid PCBs. Due to the rigid material, these PCBs are inflexible and do not allow the circuit to bend and to brake. You can use this single-layer PCB type in power supplies and calculators.
Single layer flexible PCBs– As the name suggests, these PCBs’ insulating material comprises flexible materials like plastics. Single layer flexible PCBs are highly advantageous over rigid versions; however, their fabrication cost is too high.
Single layer high-frequency PCB: You can use these PCBs in high-frequency circuits, generally in gigahertz. These PCBs comprise either Teflon or Polyphenylene oxide (PPO) material. While picking a high-frequency single layer PCB, you must keep factors such as dielectric constant, thermal expansion, and water absorption in mind.
Single layer rigid-flex PCBs: These single layer types have insulating material comprising both plastic and fiberglass, and you can combine both to form a single insulating layer. Rigid-flex single-layer PCBs have many advantages over flexible and rigid PCBs because they have fewer weights and sizes.
Single layer aluminum-core PCB– These PCBs comprise aluminum material as the substrate. It is similar in design to copper-backed PCBs except that instead of the copper substrate, you use aluminum substrate. In these PCBs, you can use thermal insulating material with the aluminum substrate to transfer heat from the insulating material to the back.
3. What's the advantages of single layer PCB?
Single layer PCBs offer several advantages, including:
- As these PCBs have a simple design, it is easy to design them, and there is lease probability of any error errors.
- If ordered in bulk quantity, these PCBs cost less in production.
- As these PCBs have a single layer, it is easy to drill, solder, de-solder, and insert the components.
- As all the components are on one side, you need a lower jumper for circuit compensation.
- You can easily understand the design of the circuit due to its single layer and simple design.
- As the PCB has fewer components, you can install them at some distance. It helps in avoiding any chances of short-circuiting and excessive noise production.
- Single layer PCBs need less time for fault identifying and repairing.
- Single-sided PCBs are more efficient and reliable in their working as compared to other PCBs.
- Installation of these PCBs is effortless.
4. What's the applications of single layer PCB?
Though the construction of single layer PCBs are simple, you can still use them in various electronic devices such as:
- Digital camera circuits
- Photocopy and printer machines
- Vending machine circuits
- Radio and stereo devices circuits
- Digital calculators
- Solid state drives in the power industry
- Switching relays in the automotive and power industry
- LED lighting circuits
- Timing circuits for switching off and on of a machine.
- Sensor product circuits
- Analog and digital power supply circuits
Any requirement please feel free to contact us